Anti-epidemic Fund - Sports Premises Subsidy Scheme
|The application for the Sports Premises Subsidy Scheme under the fresh round of Anti-epidemic Fund closed. For enquiries, please contact the Home Affairs Bureau by email at email@example.com.|
Under the fresh round of Anti-epidemic Fund, the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (the Government) launches the Sports Premises Subsidy Scheme (the Scheme) to provide a one-off subsidy to the sports premises with a view to easing their cash flow pressure and alleviating their financial burden arising from their closure starting from 10 December 2020 directed under the Prevention and Control of Disease (Requirements and Directions) (Business and Premises) Regulation (Cap. 599F) (the Regulation).
A one-off subsidy of HK$100,000 will be granted to each eligible sports premises.
From 14 January 2021 (Thursday) to 17 February 2021 (Wednesday).
To be eligible, a sports premises must meet the following requirements:
- possessing a fixed address and individually-operated premises in Hong Kong where its principal and substantive business is to provide indoor or outdoor sporting activities (Note 1) as promoted by the respective “national sports associations” (NSAs) or the Sports Organisations (SOs) recognised by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD);
- have commenced business before 10 December 2020 and have been closed in the specified period in compliance with the directions under the Regulation; and
- the business is still in operation at the time of application.
The Scheme does not cover:
- sports premises in residential clubhouses or private clubs;
- fitness centres (e.g. bodybuilding, yoga or martial arts etc.) (Note 2);
- places of amusement (Note 3);
- swimming pools;
- facilities operated by holders of private recreational leases; and
- sports premises which have received grant from other subsidy schemes (e.g. the Sports and Recreational Sites Subsidy Scheme, the Fitness Centre Subsidy Scheme and the Club-house Subsidy Scheme) under the same round of Anti-epidemic Fund.
Application methods and guidance notes
- The Home Affairs Bureau (HAB) has entrusted the Sports Federation and Olympic Committee of Hong Kong, China (SF&OC) to assist in the implementation of the Scheme. Eligible sports premises may download the application form as below. A completed application form together with supporting documents must reach the SF&OC (address: Room 1035, 1/F, Olympic House, 1 Stadium Path, So Kon Po, Hong Kong. Office hours: 10 am – 1 pm ; 2pm – 6pm on Monday to Friday; closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays) by post or in person within the application period. The postmark date on the envelope for an application submitted by post will be regarded as the date of application. Late applications will not be considered.
- Applicants please read the application guidelines carefully.
No fee is required for submitting an application under the Scheme.
For enquiries, please contact the SF&OC by phone at 2504 8440 during office hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note 1: In view of the nature of water sports activities and aero sports activities, they can be held outside the sports premises concerned.
Note 2: Premises which, as its core business, provide exercise machines or equipment on the premises for use, or provide advice and instruction on, training for or assistance in improving physical fitness, including bodybuilding, dancing (including aerobic dance, social dance, Western dance, Chinese dance, street dance, etc), yoga, pilates, body stretching martial arts (including Muay Thai, boxing, Chinese Wushu, judo, karatedo, taekwondo, etc).
Note 3: Include billiard establishments with 4 tables or more, public bowling-alleys and public skating rinks licensed under the Places of Amusement Regulation under the Public Health and Municipal Services Ordinance.