Second Round of Anti-epidemic Fund - Fitness Centre Subsidy Scheme
|The application for the Fitness Centre Subsidy Scheme under the second round of Anti-epidemic Fund closed. For enquiries, please contact the Home Affairs Bureau by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Under the second round of Anti-epidemic Fund, the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (the Government) launches the Fitness Centre Subsidy Scheme (the Scheme) to provide a one-off subsidy to the fitness centres with a view to easing their cash flow pressure and alleviating their financial burden arising from their closure pursuant to the Prevention and Control of Disease (Requirements and Directions) (Business and Premises) Regulation (the Regulation)(Cap. 599F).
An one-off subsidy of HK$100,000 will be granted to each eligible fitness centre.
From 10 am on 4 May 2020 (Monday) to 6 pm on 3 June 2020 (Wednesday).
To be eligible, a fitness centre must meet the following requirements:
- possessing a fixed address and individually-operated premises in Hong Kong where its principal and substantive business is to provide exercise machines or equipment on the premises for use, or to provide advice and instruction on, training for or assistance in improving physical fitness, including bodybuilding, dancing (Note 1), yoga, pilates, body stretching and martial arts (Note 2); and
- having commenced business before 28 March 2020 and having been ordered to close in response to the Regulation.
The Scheme does not cover:
- fitness centres in residential clubhouses or private clubs; and
- facilities operated by holders of private recreational leases.
Application methods and guidance notes
- The Home Affairs Bureau (HAB) has entrusted the Physical Fitness Association of Hong Kong, China to assist in implementing the Scheme. Eligible fitness centres may download the application form as below. A completed application form together with supporting documents must reach the Physical Fitness Association of Hong Kong, China (address: 17/F, Cheuk Nang Centre, 9-11 Hillwood Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon. Office hours: 10 am – 6 pm on Monday to Friday; closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays) by post or in person within the application period. The postmark date on the envelope for an application submitted by post will be regarded as the date of application. Late applications will not be considered.
- Applicants please read the application guidelines carefully.
No fee is required for submitting an application under the Scheme.
For enquiries, please contact the Physical Fitness Association of Hong Kong, China by phone at 2302 9089 during office hours or by email at email@example.com.